Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Healthy Banana Snack Bites

Okay, I admit it: I have a thing for bananas and peanut butter.  My last treat/snack post was about the frozen peanut butter banana bites, and here I am posting another banana snack...with peanut butter. 

Another confession: I am incredibly picky about the texture of my food.  Anything slightly slimy will not pass my lips or I might gag it right back up.  And no one - least of all me - wants that.  This "slimy" I refer to includes yogurt, custard, pudding, certain fresh mangoes, and yes, bananas - among other things.  So when I eat bananas they either have to be barely ripe so they're soft but not very, or slathered in something with a texture I enjoy.

Bananas are the fruit with the highest sugar content (if I'm wrong on this, please someone correct me), and the browner they get, the more sugary they are.  That's why banana bread made with super brown bananas is so delicious.  So with a super sweet fruit like banana, plus the salt of the peanut butter and the crunch of the walnuts, you've got yourself a killer snack that will not only taste delicious, but it will satisfy your sweet tooth, and fill you up until your next meal.



Ingredients
1 medium banana
1/8 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer Adam's No-Stir)
2-3 Tbsp chopped raw walnuts

Directions
Peel the banana.  You can either cut it into 1-inch sections or leave it whole; I've done both and they work equally well.  Spread a dollop of peanut butter on the tip of the banana.  Dip the peanut butter end of the banana into the chopped walnuts.  Consume and enjoy.

What are some foods you can't eat due to a "weird" taste preference (like my aversion to "slimy")?

No comments:

Post a Comment